August 3, 2015, SACRAMENTO, CA
Up to 40 garbage trucks at a time can fill overnight
Sacramento County will celebrate the grand opening of its new Compressed Natural Gas station. The new station will save $300,000 per year in staff time and fuel, while also reducing greenhouse gas emissions. The combined time fill/fast fill station is able to time-fill 40 vehicles simultaneously at night. The station also has a fast-fill dispenser, which will allow other County fleet vehicles and potentially other public fleets in the area to use it.
Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 10 a.m.
4001 Branch Center Road Fuel Station (adjacent to Fleet Services Facility)
• Congressman Ami Bera, California’s 7th United States Congressional District
• Supervisor Serna, Chairman of the Sacramento County Board of Supervisors representing District 1 and CARB Board Member
• Supervisor Nottoli, Sacramento County Board of Supervisors representing District 5
• Larry Greene, Executive Director of the Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District
• Ribbon Cutting
• Brand new CNG Waste Management truck demonstrates fueling
• Several other CNG vehicles from partner organizations
Karen Doron, Communication & Media Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-874-4667